• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apple Headphones W/ In-Line Mic Don't Work?

Just got a SE Xperia X10 and i'm just trying the headphones. I have a pair of Apple Headphones with inline mic in them and whenever i connect it to the phone, the sound is distorted. However with standard Apple Headphones, they're fine.

Is something wrong with my device or is it something else?

Thanks!
Tim

[UPDATE, go to latest post by me]

I don't think the connection for headphones with inline mics is standardized (and even if it is it's quite likely either SE or Apple... or both... aren't conforming to the standard).

If standard headphones work, as do the headphones and mic that came with your X10 work, then you're fine. Just use the inline mic cord that came with the X10 and plug whatever headphones you want to that.

Upvote 0
Well using the sony headphones with the control/mic hooked up to the ipod/computer, it has the same distortion however when i press the button on the control/mic and HOLD it, distortion is gone and its clear as day.

Mind you the sony headphones work fine without the control/mic hooked up to the ipod/computer.

With the ipod headphones with inline mic [And just tried Blackberry ones], its distorted on the X10 however if you push the play/pause button on the headphones and HOLD it, it will be clear as day.

What is going on o_O

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones