• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic

eulerphi8

Jul 21, 2010
I have a pair of Apple in-ear headphones with remote and mic that I would like to use with my Droid X. The microphone doesn't seem to be working at all though. When I have it connected it disables the mics on the Droid X but it doesn't get input from the mic on the headphones either. Also the buttons aren't working very well. It seems like the Doubletwist App has taken them over and all they can do it pause and play. It seems like the the buttons can be remapped though since before I installed Doubletwist pressing the buttons would bring up the "Speak Now" screen.

Does anyone have these headphones or knows of a way to at least get the mic to work?

This is the most frustrating thing about this phone, none of the headphones I have with vol control and mic work with it. Meanwhile, they all work for the HTC Incredible.

I have the Skullcandy 50/50s and the Beats Tour with ControlTalk and both doesn't work. On the Incredible, I was able to use the mic during calls and can doubleclick the middle button to fast forward songs, but the volume buttons did nothing. On the DX, the middle button does nothing and the volume up/down pauses and resumes songs. If I doubleclick in a certain pattern it'll occasionally ff to next song. The mic flat out does not work. It's come to the point, I don't even bother and just whip out my phone to change songs and unplug headphones to answer a call.

Upvote 0
Yeah this is getting slightly annoying. Now my phone has started calling the last contact or bringing up voice commands when I connect/disconnect the Apple In-Ear headphones. Also when I answer a call with the headphone connected, the person on the other end can't hear me even when I unplug the headphones, i.e. the microphone on the phone is disabled even after I unplug the headphones.

I wonder if stock android builds behave better? If HTC phones work better maybe there's a software "fix." At the very least DoubleTwist manages to reroute the buttons on the phone, so it's doable. As for getting the mic to work...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones