• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apple iPad 3 launch => Android win? Apple win?

Best Tablet of 2012?

• The iPad

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • The Asus Transformer Infinity

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • The Samsung Galaxy Tab 11.6

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • The Samsung Note 10.1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
Since the big-battery ladened, newIPad (alloneword) was introduced with basically the same slow power adapter the old gens shipped with, I thought Apple would end up offering a huge power brick in the future. This makes me think its even more likely. And it'll only by another $30 out of the pocket of the iFaithful! :)

Of course if the newIPad limits the current draw, this could be a problem unless some kind of smart adapter can be developed.

It needs the bigger battery as the combo of the nicer screen and LTE is a huge battery suck. That much is a given. They were stuck with either crappier battery life or leaving either the screen or LTE or both out. I would be surprised if they offer a big brick charger. It just seems un-Appley. I could see a 3rd party offering such a thing though.

Upvote 0
It needs the bigger battery as the combo of the nicer screen and LTE is a huge battery suck. That much is a given. They were stuck with either crappier battery life or leaving either the screen or LTE or both out. I would be surprised if they offer a big brick charger. It just seems un-Appley. I could see a 3rd party offering such a thing though.

I can see it now:

Convert your XBox 360 Power Brick into your 'New' iPad charger!

LOL

Upvote 0
This should do it

SimpsonsPSU.jpg

(I was bored)

Upvote 0
Obviously not just an issue for the iPad, but all 4G devices.

As apps for the HD screen increase in size, and people want higher resolution pictures and video to view on the screen without pixelation, data usage will inevitably increase.

Of course, that would have happened even if the new iPad was only 3G, or if people just use Wi-Fi (and some people will have cheap broadband packages with data caps, or throttling when exceeding an allowance).

Certainly not news, but it's important to educate the consumers on how they may need to compromise at times, perhaps by streaming lower quality video or downloading content from home before going out etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones