• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apple seeks preliminary injunction to halt sale of four Samsung devices

What a crock. Its like Toshiba sueing HP because their laptops have the same shape. If apple is sueing Samsung for the tab 10.1, then they also need to sue Asus, HP, Toshiba, etc. Apple is scared. They are getting more and more competition each round and Samsung, right now, is right on point with Apple and could possibly surpass them in the near future. There are just too many tablets out there, and apple products hardly change each release except for a software update or a camera add-on. Whats next notifications? Ummmm, android already has that.

I just purchased my Tab 10.1 last Friday. Honestly I had already decided to get an Ipad 2 before I got to Best Buy. After I played with the Tab 10.1, decision changed. Walked out with a tab 10.1 and I don't regret it at all. Absolutely love the Tab 10.1. How can they halt the tab 10.1 when its already on the shelves selling pretty well.

Upvote 0
Every review I've seen, the cameras alone beat out the Ipad 2's hands down. In my opinion, IOS is just boring. There's no "eye catching" features to the home screens, no customization. You have all that and more with an android OS. I own a touch and I do like it, but I only use it at the gym so what does that tell you. My phone (EVo) and tablets (tab 1 and tab 10.1) are androids.

Upvote 0
This is a bunch of BS, I tryed the IPad and the Tab and they are both different how could they say the copied each other, I don't see any the same, the pad don't have widgets and multitasking like the Tab so how would they say that they are the same, if they think it the same why not go after Google since they made they OS for the Tab and Samsung made the hardware. However I see nothing the same from IOS to Android

Upvote 0
This is not necessarily all bad for Tab. There are some news that Tab 10.1 is getting renewed interests after this preliminary injunction news broke out. It's giving people perception that Tab is something Apple is afraid of competing with.
I agree. The lawsuit will probably be helping Samsung because it promotes the Tab to those people who don't do pre-purchase research and probably do not know about its existence. It also helps to sway those Android lovers to buy the Tab right now just in case it might not be available later.

In my humble opinion, no court will find Samsung, HTC et al guilty because there is too much money and jobs at stake. It will seriously affect the economy.

Also, just for argument's sake that if Apple win the lawsuit and successfully shut down all the Android competitors, the FTC will come down on Apple very hard for monopoly. So Apple is really in a no-win situation.

Upvote 0
They've already files the same injunction for the Xoom as well.

Well I was referring to the phones. There are so many phones that perform the same as an iphone. Why don't they go after those companies? Ridiculous if you ask me. You only react like that when you know it can affect you.

Oh...got rid of my ipod touch today....don't want anything to do with Apple anymore, I guess because my EVo can do everything else and more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones