• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apple sub forum in lounge

ajdroidx

Android Expert
Oct 8, 2011
Colorado
Can I make a request at the expense of possibly getting burnt to a crisp!?

Its a serious request and in no way meant to cause friction or what not.

Can we get an Apple sub forum in the lounge?

The reason? I see Apple stuff being posted about once a day in the lounge so I think it would be nice to have all those post in one little area. Another reason for this thought is, well, Apple is our direct competitor, what they do (and sue) could effect us Android users. A lot of Android users are interested in tech, no matter who makes the tech. I for one have an interest in what Apple is going to shoot down the pipeline next. Yeah, sure, I do bash them a bit, I do use their products. I am using a MBP right now to write this.

If Apple post are going to pop up, I think perhaps they could all be corralled into one sub forum for (hopefully) easy findings.

Now, I do understand that doing this could cause some friction and flaming, but it probably does now anyway and, after all, this is an android forum.

Just a thought :)

I think Pear and Banana would get jealous if Apple had their own subforum. Strawberry generally is pretty laid back about everything.

Joking aside, maybe we could actually amend the comparison forum to host the Apple discussions, as well. Seeing how most Apple discussions revolve around comparing them against Androids anyhow.

I am ok with that. I think I even put one on there already. :)

Upvote 0
I think Pear and Banana would get jealous if Apple had their own subforum. Strawberry generally is pretty laid back about everything.

Joking aside, maybe we could actually amend the comparison forum to host the Apple discussions, as well. Seeing how most Apple discussions revolve around comparing them against Androids anyhow.

Pears and bananas don't get involved in litigation as far as I know :p

Upvote 0
If we put all these threads in one place, there is a single location to attract trolls and just show how open minded we are not.
And in putting them all in one place, it makes them easier to avoid.

I was just coming to post this same request. Looking at the first page of the Lounge it appears that nearly half of the visible threads were about apple.

Really making me want to avoid the lounge for the next couple months, that is for sure.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Isn't the iSource: #1 Source for iPad, iPhone, iPod, Mac and Apple TV iphone/ipad link in the black bar @ the top of this and every page for Apple stuff? After all this is a Android forum.

Yes, but the forums are not linked directly. For example, I couldn't move a thread from here to there. Also there is a fair bit amount of curiosity with what Apple does here, and there are those who make the jump across OSes all the time that will keep some degree of discussion here.

Upvote 0
The day a Apple forum shows up is the day it's time to move on to a new android forum, I have learned to live with lag and ads but not a Apple forum. Nope, noway, ban me now! :)

Sorry... makes no sense to me. ;)

It's ok to discuss apple and ios but not have a general spot to do it? What about dual booting etc... still no at that point???

Yeah, this will always be an ANDROID forum but failing to adapt and grow and learn would mean that we as humans just rolled back a few centuries. It's 2012... I thought we would all be a bit more "tolerant" by this point! :p

Upvote 0
Sorry... makes no sense to me. ;)

It's ok to discuss apple and ios but not have a general spot to do it? What about dual booting etc... still no at that point???

Yeah, this will always be an ANDROID forum but failing to adapt and grow and learn would mean that we as humans just rolled back a few centuries. It's 2012... I thought we would all be a bit more "tolerant" by this point! :p

About the dual booting,
IPhones can run android....not very well because everyone who owns an iPhone thinks iOS is better than android...so development on that is basically non-existent.....but you can still put android on an iPhone/iPod.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones