1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apple sues to ban all Samsung Galaxy products in Netherlands (and the rest of EU)

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by gilgehmesh, Aug 18, 2011.

1. gilgehmesh

gilgehmesh Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 10, 2010
    Apple has now gone all out. They want all Samsung Galaxy products banned in the Netherlands and a clause included to force all their EU affiliates to remove them from their shelves as well. The link:

The Teeth Come Out: Apple Seeks Complete Ban On Samsung Galaxy S Hardware In The Netherlands.

Looks like they declared total war. It's gonna get ugly. I really think that this stems from Apple's memory of losing the PC war to Microsoft's Window which they also considered as an illegal copy of the Mac OS. They probably felt that they were cheated out of the dominance of the PC market due to the courts not realized that they had been "robbed". That bitter memory is probably fueling the current IP warfare rampage.

I fear that such suits in the US and the rest of the world will not be long in waiting. They seem to be intent on completely wiping out Samsung Mobility. I'm sure HTC and Motolora/Google are also on their "death" list. It's going to be really ugly.

Advertisement

2. ardchoille

ardchoille Android Expert
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    Male
    Ordained Minister
    Seattle
    Are Apple still using their photoshopped pictures as evidence? Those pictures helped partially lift the EU ban (Samsng Galaxy tab) recently, so Samsung is again allowed to sell their products despite Apple's attempt to block them.