• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apple's advertising

zuben el genub

Extreme Android User
Jan 24, 2011
I've posted my opinion that some of the Apple/Samsung lawsuit is Apple's own fault.

The Vulcan just proved it. Nothing on TV, so he asked me to get my "iPad" so we could watch some programs I got from Youtube via HDMI.

I've carefully explained to him that my phone and the tablet are Android. It's easier to say "iPad" than Acer, and Acer isn't quite as descriptive or catchy.

That Apple can push their entire line of smartphones by just saying iPhone, their entire line of tablets by just saying iPad, and so on, gives them an impenetrable edge over the cacophonic plethora of Android products, with just a tiny percentage being able to share the name Google.

Add to that Apple’s almost perfect marketing, leaving Google to only rely only people that actually think about what they want, no just what they’re programmed to want.

Upvote 0
Apple's advertising is effective to be sure.

One must also consider that Apple runs very few commercials on TV compared to Android. I just do not see that many Apple ads compared to Android. Apple has a big name in a huge market and still, they manage to sell a few phones.

The latest Android ad for the Droid drives me nuts, but I rather like the ad for the Galaxy. You remember that ad . . . all of those fanboys and gals waiting in line for the iPhone and being amazed when two guys touch their phones together to exchange data. And looking sad to think the Galaxy might be better than an iPhone.

I love the S3 because of the large screen. The iPhone is just not big enough for these old eyes.

The S3 ad says much without overtly bashing Apple. I hope it wins an award.

Merry Christmas, gang.

Upvote 0
Without actually counting them, I think there are more commercials for Androids than for iPhones. But since each Android commercial is representing a distinctly separate phone or carrier, they don’t appear to outnumber iPhone ads. And half the time, they’re competing with each other, so the numbers go out the window...

Upvote 0
I've posted my opinion that some of the Apple/Samsung lawsuit is Apple's own fault.

The Vulcan just proved it. Nothing on TV, so he asked me to get my "iPad" so we could watch some programs I got from Youtube via HDMI.

I've carefully explained to him that my phone and the tablet are Android. It's easier to say "iPad" than Acer, and Acer isn't quite as descriptive or catchy.

Tell him to call it a "tablet".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones