1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Application Development ON an Android Tablet

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by Jester1928, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Jester1928

Jester1928 Lurker

Hello my fellow droiders, I'm a new(ish) developer trying to boost my skills a bit. I am also a traveling college student that would love to set up a development environment on my Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1.

After some brief research I've come up empty on a user-friendly, step by step guide on how to set up an IDE on the aforementioned tablet. Again, I'm not very savvy with all of this so please bear with me.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated! Also, I'm looking specifically for a Ruby on Rails development environment...that and an Android dev setup would be sweet as well!

Thanks in advance and if any more information is needed please feel free to ask!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GeorgeN

GeorgeN Well-Known Member

AIDE is great for writing Android apps on an Android device. But you will probably want a Bluetooth keyboard.

Jester1928 likes this.
  3. timcs

timcs Member

I would second AIDE one of the first apps that I bought but you can use it for free .

Bluetooth keyboard as stated or in my case docked keyboard with my Asus Transformer tablet :)

Thanks

TimCS

4. Jester1928

Jester1928 Lurker

Thanks guys!

I have a keyboard dock which is kind of what has inspired this :).
    I'll definitely check out AIDE! Again I'd like to mess around with Ruby on Rails as well...any ideas or is that pretty much out of the question?