• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Application] Eris Master Application [R00T]

ECLIPS3

Apr 4, 2010
This is NOT for those on 2.1 leak. It is ONLY for those on 1.5 or 2.1 OTA OS version.

Remember to check our Thread on XDA-Developers for more info.

We are taking down this application until we can go over the code again to fix some bugs that people are having issues with. Some have reported it works fine, others have been having some issues. We are working on recoding this app as soon as we can, and will get a new working build out for you guys. Until then, it will have to be done either threw grdlocks script, or manually. Support is always available on the IRC server.

We applogize for the inconvenience. Check the thread and the IRC server for updates.

ECLIPS3 and Jamezelle

This App is being worked on by ECLIPS3 and Jamezelle

We are now on Google Code. Please visit the page here to let us know of any bugs / errors you get while using the app. It is not meant to help you solve your problem there. That is what this thread or our IRC server is for. The IRC server login info is at the bottom of my signature. A web based IRC server is
available through this link.

Major update RELEASED

Make sure you extract the .zip file to the C:\ drive path then replace the older .exe with the new one.

- fixes unable to download files with xp
- few other minor bug fixes

replace the older version with the new one.

On step 2, when you get to the part of doing the update. our app will tell you to push volume up to start update. you might also have to push the trackball in as well. the link will say <action> YES. push trackball in to start update.

- Market updates for apps. (coming soon)
We have figured out how to restore apps, and restore market update links, need to roll it into the app, but it is possible. We might even have a way to restore links for those non root. Any other app that does market update links requires root first to backup the links

UPDATE 5/5/2010

Version 2.1 (released 5/5/2010)

Files are now hosted on HTC Droid Eris ROM Site

-Fixed where app wont upload custom rom to phone
-New download links for files
-Ability to download roms via app, instead of including them
-Choose what rom to install easier
-Download of ROOT Image instead of including it
-Progress bar for downloads
-Splash Image install
-Cleaned up a lot of the code
-Many bug fixes
-Made user interaction a lot more friendly
-Fix device not found in app.
-Check if phone is connected to PC. If not, setup will not continue.
-Fixed spelling issue.

We have now finished the core of the Application. What it consists of is a GUI (Graphical User Interface) to make going from 1.5 stock to 2.1 root with a custom ROM installed. There is also an easy way to reboot your phone, enter the recovery mode, and enter the bootloader mode. Finally the third part available in this release is a way to backup all of your applications along with restoring all of them. Currently this is root only. We do have an update coming to backup apps for non root.

For rooting there is a 4 step process. Just go through the steps, one at a time and make sure you read and pay attention to the instructions.

We will be adding more functionality and options to this application. Stay tuned for future updates. If there is an update, just re download the whole app.

Please let us know of any bugs or options you would like to see in the application and we will do what we can to add those in or fix those bugs.

Prereq's for using the application:

You must have Microsoft .NET version 4. Direct Download Link

Then also download the drivers file. Unzip it to your desktop. Follow these instructions on how to install a driver. Select have disc, then navigate to your desktop, inside the corresponding folder, and continue the prompts.

Requests

- Support for other android phones.
- Save Layout and Scenes. (Working on now)
- backup apps for those NOT ROOTED (Have it working. need to roll it into an update)
- Restore email settings for Gmail and HTC Mail (Working on now)
- Download speed for file downloads
- Boot andimations (new name for animations)
- Progress bar for copying files to sdcard

Didn't take me long. I don't want one of the presented ROMs, I downloaded the one I want to use separately. How do I select it instead?

Currently the app doesnt support loading outside roms. we are working on adding more roms to it at the moment. If you hop on our IRC server we can talk you through doing it manually. It is easier to talk to you on IRC than on here, due to the instant feedback. the IRC server is IRC.zifnab06.net #erisroothelp or #droideris . you can download x-chat for free to use as an irc client if you dont have one.

Upvote 0
I've finally decided to take the root plunge because playing the waiting game with Verizon is getting old and tiring. Since I like how easy this program looks, I'm going to give it a shot and hope I get it right on the first try. If it's as easy as jailbreaking an iPod, I should be all set. Then I tackle the issue of which ROM to load!

Add my thanks in advance Eclips3.

Upvote 0
I've finally decided to take the root plunge because playing the waiting game with Verizon is getting old and tiring. Since I like how easy this program looks, I'm going to give it a shot and hope I get it right on the first try. If it's as easy as jailbreaking an iPod, I should be all set. Then I tackle the issue of which ROM to load!

Add my thanks in advance Eclips3.

not a problem. let us know how it goes.

and remember to thank jamezelle as well for his contribution to coding this app with me.

Upvote 0
This may be stupid but I'm being careful here as I don't want to brick my phone. Running this app doesn't require SDK or downloading the ROMs and placing them on the root of the SD card? Everything is happening behind the scenes?

I'm starting with a stock Eris 1.5 - I have not Root, have no recovery image, and haven't dl any ROM onto my SD card. I do have SDK installed correctly as I have been debating for a while about rooting. It seems a bit too simple at this point, but if I meet the three pre-reqs and run EMA I'll have a rooted phone with a recovery image and the ability to flash a diff ROM if I wish?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
This may be stupid but I'm being careful here as I don't want to brick my phone. Running this app doesn't require SDK or downloading the ROMs and placing them on the root of the SD card? Everything is happening behind the scenes?

I'm starting with a stock Eris 1.5 - I have not Root, have no recovery image, and haven't dl any ROM onto my SD card. I do have SDK installed correctly as I have been debating for a while about rooting. It seems a bit too simple at this point, but if I meet the three pre-reqs and run EMA I'll have a rooted phone with a recovery image and the ability to flash a diff ROM if I wish?

Thanks in advance.

I have the same question! It sounds like the program auto-downloads the stuff you need? I was already going to root my phone tomorrow but this will make it much easier. Thanks for all your work!

Upvote 0

Thanks in advance.

I did this to a stock 1.5 a few days ago, and you are correct, it downloads everything it needs (slowly ;)).

Just plug it in and click the buttons

Upvote 0

Thanks in advance.

I have the same question! It sounds like the program auto-downloads the stuff you need? I was already going to root my phone tomorrow but this will make it much easier. Thanks for all your work!

The application handles everything that needs to happen for root. You DONT need the SDK as all the files needed are included with the app. It will download the ROMs and the ROOT files that are needed to the application directory. Then the app will use those files at the right time to help you root. all you have to do read the thread, do all the prereqs and follow the directions. NO ONE has bricked their phone yet using our app.

Reactions: orchard_112
Upvote 0
I am having the same problem with this app, as if I were trying to root via Grdlocks method. When I have to reboot the phone, and it looks for the PB00IMG image file it scans through the files super fast, and never finds the file, so I never get the prompt to upgrade. This is a brand new phone from Verizon running 1.5. Any thoughts?

what operating system you running? xp, vista, 7?

32 or 64 bit?

chances are the pb00img.zip file didnt get put on the sdcard correctly, or it got corrupted. make sure you dont touch that file at any point after you download it. or join us in the irc server and we can explain there.

irc.zifnab06.net #erisroothelp or #droideris

Upvote 0
what operating system you running? xp, vista, 7?

32 or 64 bit?

chances are the pb00img.zip file didnt get put on the sdcard correctly, or it got corrupted. make sure you dont touch that file at any point after you download it. or join us in the irc server and we can explain there.

irc.zifnab06.net #erisroothelp or #droideris

Its Windows 7 32 bit. I think I figured out the problem though. I reformatted my SD card as FAT32 instead of FAT and it seems to be working.

Upvote 0
In the middle of doing this right now, it's going great!

I used the backup apps feature - if I restore them using this afterwards, will I get market updates? Or would it still make more sense to just redownload them?

Im glad things are going good.

the apps backup is only for root. but we just got a work around to get backups for non root users. we are currently recoding the app to integrate that feature. market updates will not work unless you backup with root, and after we recode the app. sorry for the confusion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones