• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Application Installation Unsuccessful Problem.

rotceh

Lurker
Jan 17, 2010
Everytime I try to install an application i've downloaded onto my computer to my tattoo with the HTC synch application installer I get this message ; "Installation was not successful. Please make sure the application or the file is compatible with your mobile phone and enable "unknown sources" in your phone's settings -> applications area to allow installation of non-market applications"

I've tried it with the youtube.apk and the photoshop apk. I assume all you do is download the .apk file, then find where it is on your computer and select it?

Well I've made sure I've enabled unknown sources in my application settings.

I can't think why it's doing this. Any Ideas?

Heyyyyyy:

I found the solution. If your phone takes a sd card, you need a new one. The sd card you have is preventing the installation of apps or updating apps. I took my evo to sprint two times and they couldnt figure out the solution so ended up swaping my phone to a new one, i asked to keep the old sd card because it had my pictures on it, tried downloading apps on the new phone and it still gave me the unsucessful msg, swaped sd cards with my boyfriends his worked fine, came to the conclusion all along it was the sd card!!!

Upvote 0
Heyyyyyy:

I found the solution. If your phone takes a sd card, you need a new one. The sd card you have is preventing the installation of apps or updating apps. I took my evo to sprint two times and they couldnt figure out the solution so ended up swaping my phone to a new one, i asked to keep the old sd card because it had my pictures on it, tried downloading apps on the new phone and it still gave me the unsucessful msg, swaped sd cards with my boyfriends his worked fine, came to the conclusion all along it was the sd card!!!

I've been trying to resolve the "Installation Unsuccessful" problem for my daughter's Moto Droid 2. Tried several suggestions. This one did the trick. Unmounted the SD card; formatted the SD card; mounted the SD card. Now I can install Angry Birds again.

Thanks Ashmita916.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones