• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Application just does not go away :(

I was wondering if anyone can help me before I uninstall the program this is my last option as I have searched all over the net for the answer but found no solution so this might be my last stop.

I have installed Brothers in Arms 2 HD after giving it a trail run I exited the game. However I have read that exiting does not necessarily mean the application is closed. I decided to then check applications which are open and eating my battery life.

Settings>About Phone>Battery Usage, here it shows me Brothers in Arms 2 HD 6%. When I click on it to Force Close, the option is in-active. So I decided to go through the Task Manager option and check out the Active applications but nothing is showing up here. So my final option using the Phone features was to go back into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications then click on the running tab but nothing was showing here. However every time I go to Battery Usage the game shows up still using 6%. My other option was to go and download Advance Task Killer but this did not achieve anything.

I try to reload the game and exit, no solution still showing.
Then I thought it may be a delay and it will exit soon but I write this post after 2 hours still showing up under battery usage not going away.

The only option I have is to uninstall the game but I don't want to keep uninstalling apps if this happens again if there is a solution.

So in short I see the application under Battery Usage but nowhere else to close it.

I only played the game for 5 minutes, in the meantime another two games are now showing up which I played for about 10 mins UNO 4% and Bubble Blast2 2%. As I write this post Brothers in Arms 2 HD is now down to 3%. I didn't charge the battery at all because it was fully charged at the time and again as I write this post my battery is at 44%.

I am not sure if this is a unique problem I am having or others have experience the same problem. It is just an annoying thing to notice when your trying to consume as much battery life then you see these apps having x% of your battery life used up when your not using the applications.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
well if u havent charged ur battery since u used it, that bit of usage will remain until u do, even if the app is closed, or even uninstalled. and as u can see, after using ur battery more, the percentage that was used by the game has lessened. the battery usage data will be reset once u charge to 100% and then u shouldnt see this app in the usage list any more :)

Reactions: UniqueProblem
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones