1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Application manager reporting wrong sizes

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by tonkap, Mar 24, 2016.

1. tonkap

tonkap Guest
    None
    I just purchased a Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and android was updated to 5.0.2. Now application manager is reporting wrong sizes for all my downloaded games. A game of 3.5 GB is being reported as 47 MB in fact all the games I currently have installed are being reported as less than 50 MB. This makes it impossible to transfer them to SD card. Does anyone know how to solve this please?

Advertisement

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Hello and welcome to our AndroidForums! :)

Do the sizes of the applications your seeing the Settings -> Apps (I'm guessing that's what you meant by "application manager") match what the size is reported by the Play Store listing?

If so, then the difference is likely the game expansion packs, etc. that get downloaded and expanded but is apparently not being listed/shown/reported by the Settings -> App screen since they're redirected to your "external storage" (which the Settings app is not scanning for size):

Google Play hosts the expansion files for your application and serves them to the device at no cost to you. The expansion files are saved to the device's shared storage location (the SD card or USB-mountable partition; also known as the "external" storage) where your app can access them. On most devices, Google Play downloads the expansion file(s) at the same time it downloads the APK, so your application has everything it needs when the user opens it for the first time. In some cases, however, your application must download the files from Google Play when your application starts.
    Hope that helps!

3. kapis

kapis Lurker
    None

Mar 25, 2016
    Male
    Thanks for the reply but the sizes do not match the Play Store listings at all. Here is a screen shot of Application manager and you can see that Shadow Sun, The Room Three & The Walking Dead are completely wrong. Also Fahrenheit and KOTOR are giving the same sort of sizes.

Screenshot_2016-03-25-15-12-26.png

#3 kapis, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016