• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Application not Installed. Err

aznkenny

Lurker
Nov 8, 2010
Hi guys,

I wanted to know if anyone knows to fix this. I have been attempting to install an apk file that I have installed before but had to wipe. Now when I try to install i wait a couple seconds then it says Application not installed. I have attempted to install previous versions but they all fail and its just this one app that i cannot install. Its quite annoying ive fixed my permissions, went on RA Amon's recovery to do the UID fix. wiped my phone, attempted to use cyanogen 6.0.1 or whatever and i still cannot install the application. and restored back to stock with nandroid. i know the apk works because I used it to install the app a week ago but had to wipe and now i cant reinstall it.. so any help is appreciated thanks.

TLDR: app wont install, recieve err msg Application not Installed, apk has worked before flawlessly

also if anyone knows why i have to move all my apps from sd to phone before i can do a market update that would be swell too cause all of my apps i have to move back to internal memory before updates madd annoying....

Thanks for help

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones