• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Application Request: Group Call / SMS Blocking

Drewray

Dec 21, 2009
Philly
I would love to have an Android OS application that allows me to block calls from contacts derived from their group i.e. co-workers, family, favorites etc or Blocked / Restricted/ Unavailable numbers etc.

This application should provide the ability to configure blocking calls based on day (Mon, Tues etc) and time (6:00pm to 12:00AM etc)

Use Case: I want to send any contact in my phone that is in a Co-worker group to voicemail from Friday 6:00pm until Monday 8:00 AM without the phone ringing / vibrating etc.

I want to send any blocked / restricted / unavailable caller ID number directly to voicemail without the phone ringing / vibrating etc.

It would be great to prevent any on screen notifications from blocked calls / sms other then maybe a flashing indicator light.
It would be nice to be able to access a log of blocked SMS / Calls.
It would be nice to not have these calls show in the call log / history.

OPTIONAL:

1- It would be nice to be able to configure sending to voicemail or pickup and hangup preventing voicemail access.

2- Black list (block) or white list (allow) for specific individual contacts would be great.

I know we have the ability on the HTC HERO for Sprint to send contacts directly to voicemail in their profile...

afirewall allows you to establish white and black lists for blocking SMS and Calls but does not allow group blocking or restricted number blocking. ( I am currently using this application)

Google Voice appears to have some of this functionality native. I would like to see this native in the Android OS with the above enhancements.

This type of application will make a developer serious $$$.

Regards

Well, I'm thinking of going ahead with this idea. Roughly how much would you pay for such an app, just out of interest?

Hello,
Thank you for replying. I would be willing to pay a reasonable "market" rate for this application.
I have seen applications like "Locale" etc that are very useful going for as much as 9.99. I think that is a bit much. However, if the product is good, then people will be willing to pay for it.

Please provide a trial version if you decide to develope. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones