• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Application similar to Nokia's 'Energy Profiler'

AngelicCore

Sep 4, 2011
Cairo
Hey,
I am looking for an application that's similar to S60/Nokia's Energy Profiler(EP).

aV3gO.jpg

I am currently using Battery Monitor Widget(BMW) which is OK but the main feature i am looking for is lacking.

Which is 1 sec polling like EP, where you can see W,mA,V, WiFi dB.. etc. in real-time

In BMW the polling is 60 secs(at least).

Thanks in advance.

Hey,
I am looking for an application that's similar to S60/Nokia's Energy Profiler(EP).

aV3gO.jpg

I am currently using Battery Monitor Widget(BMW) which is OK but the main feature i am looking for is lacking.

Which is 1 sec polling like EP, where you can see W,mA,V, WiFi dB.. etc. in real-time

In BMW the polling is 60 secs(at least).

Thanks in advance.

Contact BMW's dev to ask how to change/hack those 60 secs to 1 sec?

Question: how is a 1 second interval better (= more useful) than a 60 seconds interval?

Upvote 0
Contact BMW's dev to ask how to change/hack those 60 secs to 1 sec?

Question: how is a 1 second interval better (= more useful) than a 60 seconds interval?

One way to look at it is much more accurate reading in general,60x the samples.

But more importantly, I used to observe how much ampere everything uses to have an idea which apps to leave running in the background and which to terminate

For example i used to forget my phone connected to the usb port for sometime and when i return i find it off.
Just a few seconds of watching the consumption in EP showed the USB connection using upwards of 400 ma, which kinda explained the whole thing.
(phone didn't charge from the usb port)
:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones