• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

application space

I am frequently getting a "low on application space" msg telling me to delete apps. Does anyone know how to allocate more of the 4+gb I seem to have free in phone storage OR clear cache or something? It doesn't seen right to have 4gb free and be so low on app space that I can't exec Google Talk without deleting applications 1st. :roll:

I am frequently getting a "low on application space" msg telling me to delete apps. Does anyone know how to allocate more of the 4+gb I seem to have free in phone storage OR clear cache or something? It doesn't seen right to have 4gb free and be so low on app space that I can't exec Google Talk without deleting applications 1st. :roll:

You cannot allocate more memory from the card for applications, some apps can be moved to the SD card as said above. The 4 gig card is mainly for storing music/pics/maps and data.

Upvote 0
You have filled up the system folder data/data. If you have root explorer you can surf there and see how much free space you actually have. If my memory serves me right, if you get below 14 or 15 megs you will get the low space warning. I find that if I diligently clear my browser cache I can usually hover around 17 to 20 megs free. I wish there was a way to increase the size of the data/data partition but have not heard of anyone doing so yet. If more developers would store their data on the SD card, this wouldn't be a issue.

Upvote 0
You have filled up the system folder data/data. If you have root explorer you can surf there and see how much free space you actually have. If my memory serves me right, if you get below 14 or 15 megs you will get the low space warning. I find that if I diligently clear my browser cache I can usually hover around 17 to 20 megs free. I wish there was a way to increase the size of the data/data partition but have not heard of anyone doing so yet. If more developers would store their data on the SD card, this wouldn't be a issue.

You can use Titanium Backup and move apps to SD, even those that do not have that option under application Management.

Reactions: Smabbage
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones