• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Application Update Settings?

TheFrigz

Jul 2, 2011
just randomly had about 10 different apps all have "updates" at the same time. i updated all of them, but nothing looks different on any of them. it just seemed weird to me that they all updated at the same time. how do i change the settings regarding application updates so that they don't happen all at the same time?

basically what i'm asking is, since obviously all 10 of these apps didn't just decide to update at the same time, how often does the phone check for application "updates" and where can I view/edit this setting?

edit- and if this setting does not exist, does anyone have an explanation as to why my phone decided to update 10 applications all at the same time??

In the market (the old market) if you press menu you can access 'My Apps' and Settings. Under 'My Apps' it will show you a list of all installed applications and it will show if there are any updates for any of them. You can pick and choose which applications you want to update or not. Also under settings you can set the market to notify you in the notification bar when you have a new update for an application.

One problem might be that if you don't open the market for a while once you go back into the market you are likely going to have 10 pending updates. Also if you turn off your 3G/4G/Wifi as well as turn off background data to save battery life you will sacrifice your ability to be notified of updates on the fly.

Some applications may even have their own update settings inside the application settings. Every application will be different.

But you probably already know all this stuff, not sure if this helps any.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones