1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Applications disappeared from market after root.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Mada, May 3, 2012.

1. Mada

Mada Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 5, 2011
    School
    Alabama
    I just rooted my phone for the first time about a month ago and overtime I've noticed that apps are disappearing from the market because the market thinks my phone's version isn't compatible with it. These apps included Facebook, AppRemover, Flashlight, and probably more. I never changed the ROM or anything. They run just fine on my phone too so I'm lost here. Any help would be great

Advertisement

2. gwmtek

gwmtek Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2012
    Have you tried using the Appbrain marketplace if so are you getting the same problems in that?

3. Mada

Mada Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 5, 2011
    School
    Alabama
    Well to be honest I'm not interested in 3rd party app stores but I can try it for testing purposes. Where/how can I get it? Sorry for asking so much, just finished a paper and real tired

4. Flumme

Flumme Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    Sweden
    You might have better luck in your specific phones All things root-section, since they know your phone best.

Still, for what it's worth, I would try getting around this problem by installing the app Titanium backup, and do a backup of your apps and their data. Do a nandroid from recovery for good measure. Backup your user data (contacts if stored on phone, texts, phone logs and the like).
    Do a complete factory reset.

Now see what happens when you log on to Play again. If you are able to download the apps that have been disappearing, try restoring your Titanium backup (user apps with data) and see if it works.

If there is no difference at all after the reset, you might as well restore your nandroid. You could even restore your nandroid from when you rooted, just to get access again to the apps you've lost and make a Titanium backup of them. That way you could reinstall them from Ti whenever they disappear.

Hope you solve this!

Mada likes this.
  5. Soundteq

Soundteq Member
    None

May 1, 2012
    That's quite odd. When I rooted I ended up getting a whole lot of new apps available in the app store (which WERE compatible, hm..) Sorry to hear about this problem though.

If it were me I'd just sideload the stuff I couldn't access in the store (unless it REALLY affected the store).

And appbrain seems to be a pretty solid service. I suppose it is 3rd party, but it seems like you can find just about whatever you want on it. Of course I don't know for sure because I didn't use it extensively so maybe somebody can shed more light on it.. but yeah, it was on par with the market in my experience.

Mada likes this.
  6. gwmtek

gwmtek Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2012
    To get appbrain go to
    appbrain.com/install on your phones internet browser.

Mada likes this.
  7. jimt68

jimt68 Member
    None

Dec 2, 2009
    Is Titanium Backup the best way to go? I have MyBackup Pro which doesn't seem that great. The UI isn't very user friendly and it does not seem to give an option to save all apps. So is Titanium more practical?

I am considering rooting my Droid 2.2 and I have the "fear" of losing apps that are incompatible with root.