• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Applications dont install after new december firmware update

moozin

Lurker
Aug 26, 2010
Hello everyone ,

I update my Desire to the new firmware 2.29.405.2 that is , but after that i am not able to install any application be it from market or an apk file. The ones from the market just get downloaded and then installation gets unsuccessful , and then apk files give message after trying that " Application not installed " . I wonder if anyone else is facing this problem as well ? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

oh well , got to the bottom of it , i had actually selected my default installation memory to be memory card using this command method " adb shell pm setInstallLocation 2" , so after the firmware update applications were not getting installed. But after selecting the phone memory as default by using "adb shell pm setInstallLocation 0" i am able to install new applications again :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones