• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Applications Manager

You don't say if the phone is running a standard ROM or if it is locked to a network.

However, a quick fix, that sometimes works, is turn the phone off, take battery out and leave for a few minutes. Then replace and restart the phone.
Remember this will mean setting date and time and re-entering any passwords you may have. (although sometimes I don't have to) - no idea why.

It's like doing a soft reset to the system and usually clears 'unexplained' issues.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
I have the exact same problem with both of my S3's and I have tried everything, including hard resets on both, but the issue keeps returning. If anyone has any ideas I'm open to reasonable suggestions, however, no more hard resets, since that didn't help.

Moved into the SGS3 forum for further discussion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones