1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Applications on memory card corrupt itself

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JunaidIlyas, Jul 22, 2011.

1. JunaidIlyas

JunaidIlyas Lurker
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    I'm using my old SD card. At first I was experiencing my data being corrupted rapidly. Then I changed memory card's file system to FAT32. The data corruption problem somehow solved but when I install applications on memory card some of them always corrupt. Like fruit ninja runs the first time but when I close it, it doesn't show in my menu and I have to uninstall it. Other applications sometimes cause reboot while installing. Some don't run after some time after successfully getting installed. I have noticed those applications' icons. The icons go to the default android icon and the name of them change to com.something.appname.something....

What I'm guessing is that its the problem with my memory card as I have not seen any of this behavior with applications in phone memory...

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Shortcut icons changing to the default android indicate that the link can't be found and corrupt data definitely signals a problem with the card. I'd replace the MicroSD card and see if that clears up the problem.

JunaidIlyas likes this.