1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Applying theme in GoLauncher?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Emmnemms, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Emmnemms

Emmnemms Newbie

Hey, so i just downloaded Go Launcher Ex from the market, as well as a theme. I Can't figure out how to apply the theme though, when I do Menu-> Preference I don't get any options about themes.... Help please? Is it in a location I am not looking in, or perhaps doesn't work for my phone?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RAdroider

RAdroider Member

go to menu -> themes (not preferences)

3. Emmnemms

Emmnemms Newbie

Oh, THANK YOU! I feel REALLY dumb now :/ I didn't know that screen scrolled.... Oh well, at least for the anonymity of the internet to hide my embarrassment ;)

4. rchez16

rchez16 Member

I also recently started using Go Launcher. Although I don't use their themes, as I like my look and feel of my current layout, I did download many themes so that I could use them to change many of the stock icons.

5. T-Keith

T-Keith Android Enthusiast

Also really liking go launcher. Their dialer is great, so. Thought I'd try everything else. Three things I've run into :

Scrolling is a little rough, launcher pro is smooth, even on my eris. Go launcher looks nice, but seems a little slow especially when going to the screen previews.

The Weather widget needs location awareness and optimization for tablets.

Calendar and other widgets need a dark theme.

Go has definitely come a long way in a short time.

6. rchez16

rchez16 Member

I have not had any problems with scrolling. Have you played around with the settings in the display settings section of the menu? The effect on my D-Inc is much better than with Sense.

And I completely agree with the lack of dark themed widgets. I had to get Go SMS Pro to get a dark messaging widget. Initially I did not like it, but have grown to really like it.