• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Applying themes

I bet you get this now, but just in case, in the future, always do a backup in Clockwork Recovery before making any significant changes to your phone.

What state do you want to get back to now?

If you want to get back to stock 2.2.20, you could SBF your phone (Droid 2 sbf - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum).

You'll need to re-root after the SBF process if you still want root.

Is that what you're looking for?

Another alternative is to simply flash another ROM - there is a "stock" 2.4.0 ROM available that you could flash...has not been "deblurred" so it has all the same functionality as the normal D2 OS. Also has the benefit of getting you to the most current leaked version of the D2 OS that appears to have better wifi performance and a fix for the issue where Facebook-linked contacts don't display all phone numbers. It has no theme applied.

It's here - follow the provided install instructions...

[ROM] 2.40 R2D2 Removed - Complete & Clean ROMs - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Upvote 0
Hey flea, have you experienced a battery decrease while running themes? I installed BG last night and battery seems to have taken a hit. I've only used the phone for web a for hours today and its gone from 90% to now 40% in 7hrs. I know my battery pretty well and having a extended battery along with only using web for a few hours seems a big strange that battery has been sucked so much.

Upvote 0
Dunc- I too have lost battery fast with BG. I like the look but it's not worth the hassle. You can try and freeze apps with the donate version of titanium to try and make up for lost battery. It'll stop the crap apps from running all the time and using your battery.

Flea- I would like to go back to a rooted Froyo 2.2. Good 'ol vanilla. I want to freeze the apps i don't like and all that good stuff. Wipe the slate clean and then re-root is where i want to go. Can you help me do that? Thanks.

Upvote 0
I've been running BG for a couple weeks w/zero impact on the battery - I haven't seen any posts on battery issues on the bg thread either...since he doesn't touch functionality (just graphics), it's pretty hard to mess up battery. not sure why you guys have problems...have you looked at battery manager to check what's using your juice? Have you installed any new apps since the theme? Seriously...I've had zero change in battery life w/this theme.

To go back to stock follow the SBF thread I linked to above...that has what you need in terms of files/instructions. Easy to do, you just have to read/think/follow instructions. :)

Upvote 0
Deodexing or not should not be the issue...

It does seem like some wires got crossed on your phone when you installed the theme.

What you really should do is revert to stock 2.2.20, deodex it, then install the deodex version of the theme. Installing anything over what you have would not be a good idea.

I'm trying to think if there's a deodexed version of 2.2.20 floating around w/no other changes...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones