1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Apps always reset themselves

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

hey all slight issue i have with my galaxy S (2.2.1 w/ Darkys ROM v9.2), i find that many of my apps eg dolphin Mini, Mass effect Discussion, audio manager, reset themselves everytime i close them.

For example i download and install Dolphin Mini, you first open the app and you go through the disclaimer and settings setup and away the app is fine and usuable. However once it is closed, when i open the app again, it resets itself and i have to go through an apps initial setup all over again. Likewise with Mass Effect Discussion app, if i close it, everytime i start it again i have to agree to the disclaimer.

Now its not all apps but quite a few and its dam annoying, if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to share!

Thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. andy-roid

andy-roid Android Enthusiast

you get these type of bugs with custom roms

Deleted User likes this.
  3. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert

Uninstall them and install them again. Most likely just a corrupted installation.

Deleted User likes this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Thanks guys it seems to have worked with the mass effect app going to give it a go with the rest :)

5. R4nd0mJ0k3r

R4nd0mJ0k3r Well-Known Member

I had this issue when I upgraded to 2.2.1 from 2.2. The re-install thing only worked for a few apps and in the end I had to factory reset in order to fix it. Working perfectly now.

Deleted User likes this.
  6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Hey guys thanks for the advice, yeah the reinstall only works for some apps.
    @jok3r yeah I was hoping to avoid doing that, as I'm sick of having to setup launcherpro every 5 mins :S

7. redollie1066

redollie1066 Lurker

After the update i found that all my contacts had gone,and I was getting loads of errors for different apps coming up saying that it had closed unexpectedyl.

I have reinstalled some apps and they are fine but a lot of them reset themselves every time the phone has been switched off and on again.

Everything else seems to be great,no lags,much quicker whe texting and looking at the market app etc..

But the apps resetting problem needs serious attention

8. firefox73

firefox73 Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat, only mine is a stock UK unbranded SGS running 2.2.1 JPY.

It only occurs on certain apps suchs as Taskos and ACar etc.

Contacted some developers who have advised uninstalling, switching phone off then on and reinstalling but no difference. It's also annoying as it keeps updating the same programs everytime it searches for an update. Reason being is that there is a new update in the market but the one running is an older version. It downloads the new update, installs and it thinks it's done. However when the phone goes into low power mode and then the app is reopened it returns back to the previous version. Such that next time it searches the market, it will see the new update again and try downloading it and so it goes on....:thinking:.

Slows the phone down, increases battery usage and bugs the hell outta me:mad:.

Is there any other advise out there?

9. DamianGTO

DamianGTO Well-Known Member

Try to see if the app is on the sdcard. move it to the phone.
    You can see this under setting/applications/Manage applications and go to the program you have problem with and press "move to phone" ( or what it says on froyo)

10. firefox73

Thanks for the reply Damian hadn't thought of that but unfortunately apps are stored on the phone not the SD card. Any other suggestions?

11. DamianGTO

DamianGTO Well-Known Member

Can only advice to flash a firmware to see if it solve the issues or the phone is bad..

12. firefox73

I was hoping Gingerbread would answer all the problems both with the apps and the GPS. To be fair, its only some apps and those that are misbehaving have only occured in the last month or two. I'd forgo these issues, if I could just get a decent GPS lock on within 1 minute when travelling abroad, unlike the 30 minutes it takes at the moment (tried everything). Bit of thread drift but pineing (sp) for the phone it should have been.....:(

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews