• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Apps are incompatible in play store after flashing Spirit Mod ROM

xolint

Oct 4, 2011
After flashing the Spirit mod ROM, I've noticed many apps in the play store display the "Your device isn't compatible" message and won't allow me to download/install. Before this I was running the jellybean LAwesome ROM and never encountered this problem. Is it something to do with KitKat? This is my first time running 4.4.4. I've got the latest play store (5.6.8) and have cleared data and cache in both it, and the google services framework, removed/added google account, rebooted and still no luck. If anyone has any tips on how to proceed I would be very grateful!

edit: if anyone reads this with the same problem, I may have fixed it using an xposed module to fake the DPI in the playstore. Not sure what did the trick:

-install xposed module "play Store Fixes"
-enable and reboot (may not be necessary)
-go to settings>apps>playstore
-force stopped
-cleared data/cache
-uninstalled updates
-same for google services framework
-remove google account
-reboot
-re-added account in playstore, accept,
-most apps i had trouble with now seem to be appearing

Ill update if it shits the bed again :)

Last edited:
After flashing the Spirit mod ROM, I've noticed many apps in the play store display the "Your device isn't compatible" message and won't allow me to download/install. Before this I was running the jellybean LAwesome ROM and never encountered this problem. Is it something to do with KitKat? This is my first time running 4.4.4. I've got the latest play store (5.6.8) and have cleared data and cache in both it, and the google services framework, removed/added google account, rebooted and still no luck. If anyone has any tips on how to proceed I would be very grateful!
Just wait sit on spirit dirty unicorns will arrive shortly just chill enjoy the day

Upvote 0
You dont need to fake the dpi with anything like xposed. Just change the dpi in display settings to 240 dpi. Or find a modded gapps package that allows multiple dpi use. I set the dpi in the rom to 220 dpi for a bit more screen real estate. As for waiting on any other rom. That is up to you.
I set mine to 260 no problems

Reactions: Curtis1973
Upvote 0
You dont need to fake the dpi with anything like xposed. Just change the dpi in display settings to 240 dpi. Or find a modded gapps package that allows multiple dpi use. I set the dpi in the rom to 220 dpi for a bit more screen real estate. As for waiting on any other rom. That is up to you.
I actually really liked that you set it to 220 it looks rather nice, but I couldn't get around the constant crashing without faking it. I will look for a modded gapps package thanks for being helpful. If I were to find a multi-dpi gapps would everything need to be wiped before flashing it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones