• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help apps are not auto updating...any ideas?

durarian

Jul 29, 2010
I of course have froyo in my X. However since froyo updated I have been hoping that my apps would update, they are not. I have checkmarked the allow auto update box, even updated some of them manually once afterwords. I have taken the market off my task killer list. I only check it about twice a day, and everytime I have an update (not a manual update but a yellow font update)..nothing happens, I can let it sit on the market downloads screen or sleep my phone or do whatever and it just does not update my apps..does anyone have any ideas as too why this is? Perhaps something is off or being killed by my task killer? I have the two arrows on in the power management android widget (found this out by my gmail not snycing and receiving automatically). Any help is appreciated as I am at a loss as too why this isn't working..my friends droid updates her apps about twice a day. Thank you for the responses.

I of course have froyo in my X. However since froyo updated I have been hoping that my apps would update, they are not. I have checkmarked the allow auto update box, even updated some of them manually once afterwords. I have taken the market off my task killer list. I only check it about twice a day, and everytime I have an update (not a manual update but a yellow font update)..nothing happens, I can let it sit on the market downloads screen or sleep my phone or do whatever and it just does not update my apps..does anyone have any ideas as too why this is? Perhaps something is off or being killed by my task killer? I have the two arrows on in the power management android widget (found this out by my gmail not snycing and receiving automatically). Any help is appreciated as I am at a loss as too why this isn't working..my friends droid updates her apps about twice a day. Thank you for the responses.

Make sure background data is on and get rid of the task killer to start.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones