1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Apps being deleted from sd card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by evil dunk, Nov 4, 2011.

1. evil dunk

evil dunk Lurker
    None

Oct 20, 2011
    Hi there
    I am aware that this may be a message posted previously by others, but I have to ask.
    Why has my Galaxy Ace started to erase apps from my SD card when I switch it off (it also got rid of all my mp3 files)??
    It also then states that the SD card is either blank or contains files that are unreadable.
    Is this the phone or the SD card??

All help greatly appreciated

Advertisement

2. Gammer

Gammer Android Enthusiast
    None

May 23, 2011
    UK
    It's the sd card. I had the same problem back in May when I bought my ace and a cheap sd card. I went on to buy a sandisk 8gb and have had no problems since.

3. chismay

chismay Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    ASSISTANT HEAD CHEF
    LONDON
    yeah gammers right some cards do go bad or are bad to start with i,e fake cheap knock-off versions, other then that are you giving the phone sufficient time to load and scan the sdcard after rebooting? somtimes if i start my ace and use the menu's too fast it wont do the second media scan thus i will only have half if not none of the apps stored on my sd' . restarting and giving the "mother-ship" a minute or 2 too boot it usual sorts itself out:D

4. rogermass

rogermass Lurker
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    I had the same problem on Evo 4G running Icecream Sandwich. It is possible that it's a timing issue but it seemed like the apps were really inaccessible and lost. The card is a legit Sandisk 32gb that has been in use on a previous device for several months. Only applications seem effected, no pictures or music. I ran a chkdsk on the drive and there are no problems. So what I did was restore all the apps onto the Evo's onboard 32gb drive which I assume is faster and I have not had any problem since. But I do suspect that the files may not have been missing, just in limbo waiting for whatever scans are done since this seemed to only happen after a restart. The scans may be very longwinded and maybe I needed to wait several minutes after a restart.

5. Ryuinferno

Ryuinferno Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 15, 2012
    Well...32GB is the maximum size of SD card that most phones support...32 GB is very large,obviously the phone requires more time to process it...to be safe,try not to use the maximum size of SD card that your phone can handle as problems like the above may occur.If your phone can support 32 GB, 16 GB should be your best choice if you want large storage.:)