1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support apps cant connect to the net! pls help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drRg, Sep 25, 2011.

1. drRg

drRg Lurker
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    doctor
    new delhi
    hi guys...i recently bought galaxy s2 and i have a kind of weird problem.
    The apps( like facebook,market,maps,whatsapp etc) are not able to connect to the internet over mobile network..however i can easily browse web on the phone browser. And these apps connect to the net over wifi easily.
    My mobile network,data use,automatic sync etc is all turned on and i use vodafone network in new delhi (not 3g).
    Any help would be appreciated..thanks :)

Advertisement

2. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    Those apps you mention are likely shortcuts and portals loaded on the phone by whoever branded it and sold it. In my case (Optus Aus. ) they are all stored in a folder that I created in the app draw called "Optus Crap" and then I have separate apps for twitter, facebook etc.

Make sure you search and load the apps from the market for those and try them first.

3. Gowthamragav

Gowthamragav Lurker
    None

Nov 22, 2012
    Exactly same issue here. Those apps aren't working on my Galaxy S2 on Vodafone 3G in New Delhi as well. They are not pre-installed apps, all of my apps have been downloaded from the market. Can anyone help?

4. Gowthamragav

Gowthamragav Lurker
    None

Nov 22, 2012
    Some apps like Twitter, Facebook, Quora etc are working fine. But the apps that I've found to not work are Instagram, Whatsapp, Skype, GTalk. Looking forward to help for this new Android convert. Thanks!