• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root apps crashing on rooted nook

amber1086

Lurker
Dec 22, 2011
So earlier this year, I bought a rooted nook color off ebay. It has android version 2.3.3 and phiremod nook v5.2. ALso, Kernel Version 2.6.29-omap1 Not sure what that is. Anyways, it's been working great until just recently when I turned it on. It will connect to wifi and the browser fine, but the android market crashes instantly and most importantly Nook app won't update my library.
When I first got the device, there was no nook app. I had to download this form B7N website. and like i mentioned earlier was working great until now. I've even tried going through the browser to B&N website again to download nook for android, but when I click on the link, that page crashes as well. I've tried rebooting several times, changing permission under ROM manager, clearing the cache. i don't know what else to do. Please help!

Sounds like it's time for an update. Check out my Quick'n dirty upgrade your CM7 using Rom Manager

Make sure you do the backup and get the updated Google apps. Wiping data would be recommended, but I could see where you might want to try it w/o wiping (so you don't have to setup all your apps again). If you still have issues w/o wiping data, you could do it after.

Make sure you have a full battery and if you have issues (like "ish") where it won't boot, hold down the power button until it shuts off so you don't run your battery dead. (You can't power it off that way if it's plugged in the charger tho.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones