• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps disapearing when charging

sasteh

Lurker
Nov 5, 2010
Hello,

When I plug in my charger (USB charger from pc) I get the message, preparing SD card, and a few random apps get removed, until I unplug the charger then they appear again.

I wanted to play Angry Birds while my phone was charging but it doesn't let me as it's one of the apps that gets removed.

What causes this? is this normal? (never noticed it before)

Hello,

When I plug in my charger (USB charger from pc) I get the message, preparing SD card, and a few random apps get removed, until I unplug the charger then they appear again.

I wanted to play Angry Birds while my phone was charging but it doesn't let me as it's one of the apps that gets removed.

What causes this? is this normal? (never noticed it before)
You probably accidentally set your default connection type to "disk drive". Check Settings/Connect to PC. The phone can't access your SD card while it's mounted as a drive on the PC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones