• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps from Market

Our phones have a "main" gmail account that 2 of our phones are under and then I also have a gmail account of my own. When I download apps from the market I want it to be attached to "my" gmail account not the main gmail account. How can I do that? I think I asked this back when we first got the phones cause Verizon attached both of our lines to one gmail account.

Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
Some app developers allow for a refund if the app is uninstalled within a certain time frame, such as up to 24 hours after purchase.

I've found that in Market sometimes a purchased app will have to be re-purchased if the OS is changed, as in upgrading from 1.5 to 2.1 or 2.1 to 2.2 via rooted ROM.

It is not entirely consistent.

Upvote 0
If I uninstall a purchased app, will I have to pay to reinstall it?

Thank you,

No. Once you are charged, and pass that 24 hour refund limit, you can uninstall and reinstall for no charge as often as you like. As I have done many times. Uninstalled apps remain listed in the downloads section of the market, with the tag "purchased" rather than "installed" - making it pretty easy to reinstall them.

Going back to your other question, it must be the same Google account as when you originally purchased the app.

Upvote 0
Huh, I guess these question threads were combined. Quoting to clarify the answer.

Our phones have a "main" gmail account that 2 of our phones are under and then I also have a gmail account of my own. When I download apps from the market I want it to be attached to "my" gmail account not the main gmail account. How can I do that? I think I asked this back when we first got the phones cause Verizon attached both of our lines to one gmail account.

Unfortunately, as far as I know, the only way to do this is to factory reset and setup the phone from scratch with the new google account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones