1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Apps from other places than the ''Market''

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by KazWfS1, Jun 15, 2011.

1. KazWfS1

KazWfS1 Newbie
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    Hi Folks,
    Right here goes this is my first post here and I am totally new to all this so be gentle with me please.
    I have been looking to install Apps from what I understand to be
    ''THE MARKET'' but I have also come across ''OTHER'' sites, now I have done some research on this today and there are fores and against these sites, I was wondering if you the experts use any of these sites or can recommend any sites that are none market but are safe to use I have been told that ******* is one what do you say, think, any help please before I start messing with my new Wildfire S would be grateley appreciated ;)

Advertisement

2. natEMi

natEMi Member
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Try the Amazon app store. it's free and has less of a chance of giving you malware or a virus.

KazWfS1 likes this.
  3. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert
    None

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    Welcome to the Android forums :) this forum is a friendly bunch as a whole, so no worries there. I'd generally trust app stores from some of the bigger sites, like Amazon's app store for example. However, I'd recommend being careful with some of the newer sites that are popping up for a lil bit to see how things go.

KazWfS1 likes this.
  4. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA)
    None

Discussion of downloading apps from external third party sites other than ones that are Google approved (Google Market, Amazon Appstore) is not allowed on this forum.

Please support the devs in their hardwork by purchasing paid apps as you would not appreciate people stealing YOUR work; and only discourages devs from creating apps for Android. Not only this, but downloading pirated apps is an open invitation for malware on your phone so - DON'T DO IT.

SeekerOfTheWay and KazWfS1 like this.