• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps hanging when connection switches from 3G to WiFi

I have a Motorola Droid that I got in January. I downloaded the Android 2.2 update on August 6th from the Droid subforum and updated myself because I didn't feel like waiting around for Verizon to give it to me.

For the most part, everything's been great with 2.2.

Not sure if this problem happened before the 2.2 update, I don't remember it happening.

But whenever an app tries to connect to the web, and then during that time the WiFi turns on and takes over the 3G, the app never is able to connect to the web. The app just hangs forever waiting for a connection, even after the WiFi establishes a solid connection.

I understand a way to get around this is to set the WiFi to always on, but this seems like a pretty major software issue that needs to be fixed.

Is this just a problem with 2.2, or does it happen with older versions too?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones