• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps..I have bazillion of them..

I'm at 117 (a few of my apps have to load my apps to work and that's how I know)

on my D1, I started getting low on space but haven't had that issue yet on my D2. However, if I use an app, and realize I'm not going to keep it, I immediately uninstall it. Periodically, I go through and do some housekeeping and get rid of stuff I don't use anymore.

Upvote 0
I have 73 3rd party apps installed right now. I will probably remove a few of those at the end of the month when I do house keeping on my phone. It all depends on what I actually use between now and then.

The total number of apps possible on a phone is really relative to the total amount of space available and the size of each app installed. If you are rooted and have app2sd or are running 2.2 then you have access to the SD card for app storage and this greatly increases the amount of space for apps. At the same time an app like Quick Boot only takes up 40 Kb of space and an app like WSOP takes up over 20 Mb. So obliviously you could install 25,000 apps that are only 40 Kb while only being able to install 50 apps that are 20 Mb. Since apps average around 2 Mb-3 Mb these days you could probably get around 325 installed with 1 Gb of space. This is of course not taking into account the minimum amount of space that the OS requires to run.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones