• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps issues and random quirks

atccfi

Lurker
Dec 6, 2009
Just a little compilation of issues, I wonder if anyone else has had and maybe knows a solution.
USA TODAY app- I download the latest headlines and then read the news stories. My problem is many times, I'll click on the headline I want to read and it will not open.... I have to repeatedly press the screen many, many , many times over and it finally opens. I had this same issue on my first moment and even on my click( Previous tmo, new to sprint)..... so it's not my screen. Any ideas?

AP NEWS app - force closes everytime right after set up. Asks me for my region, then city and as soon as I enter it, I get a force close message.... getting old.

ACCIDENTAL MUTE/SPEAKERPHONE- I press this all the time while on the phone. I understand the reasoning behind the sensor, blah blah blah..... I just want to block the dialer while on a call.... anyway to do this?

I'll post more when I think of them....

Just a little compilation of issues, I wonder if anyone else has had and maybe knows a solution.
USA TODAY app- I download the latest headlines and then read the news stories. My problem is many times, I'll click on the headline I want to read and it will not open.... I have to repeatedly press the screen many, many , many times over and it finally opens. I had this same issue on my first moment and even on my click( Previous tmo, new to sprint)..... so it's not my screen. Any ideas?

AP NEWS app - force closes everytime right after set up. Asks me for my region, then city and as soon as I enter it, I get a force close message.... getting old.

ACCIDENTAL MUTE/SPEAKERPHONE- I press this all the time while on the phone. I understand the reasoning behind the sensor, blah blah blah..... I just want to block the dialer while on a call.... anyway to do this?

I'll post more when I think of them....

hmmm thats strange i have the USA today app & haven't had that problem at all maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones