1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Apps keep force closing plz help!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by super0020, Aug 14, 2011.

1. super0020

super0020 Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Hi all I'm kinda new to this forum. I'm not sure if dis happens to anyone else but I had a few apps on my captivate and android os was killing my battery so I did a factory reset. Now when I download apps from the market like angry birds, it keeps crashing and I don't know why plz help me out. Other apps I had b4 the reset crash also. Plz assist!

Advertisement

2. chicknlil

chicknlil Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Female
    New England
    I'm presuming you haven't rooted the phone or installed a custom ROM (please correct me if that's not the case!).

I'd suggest trying to uninstall the apps in question, reboot the phone, then try to install them again. Let us know if that solves your issues, or if further troubleshooting is necessary.

3. super0020

super0020 Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Yes I bought my phone with cyanogenmod 7,it was fully rooted from the get go. Will try your method will let u knw if it works thanks!! (New apps work fine, old ones no such luck)

4. super0020

super0020 Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Thanks a million!!!!!! Will let u knw if the problem persists but rebooting worked for now thank you,all the apps are working now thanks!!!!!!!

5. Usil

Usil Newbie
    None

Oct 20, 2010
    Embedded Software Engineering
    Colorado
    What version of android are you running now? CM7 is gingerbread and if you flashed back to stock then you are froyo or even eclair. Some of those apps you are having trouble with may require more than froyo to work correctly. My two cents!