1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root apps log in concern when selling phones

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by optimusv45, Aug 12, 2013.

1. optimusv45

optimusv45 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 25, 2012
    Male
    West Virginia
    I have a Nexus S 4G with no service. I have noticed no matter how many times i flash roms the old phone number is forever kept in Phone Identity. My question is when i sell my Evo V will the person after me be able to log in my accounts on apps such as Kakao talk, Whatsapp, and Line? since these apps have auto log-in with recognition of phone numbers.

Advertisement

2. goshjosh

goshjosh Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 6, 2011
    Male
    Maybe. /: Only Option I see is removing your phone number information from that app in the account settings of the apps, if it's possible.

Also, I don't think the person that would buy it from you would be able to access it because they would be putting the phone on a different company maybe and get a different phone number thus changing the Phone Identity number

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Factory reset the phone and format storage.

Call the carrier and have them deactivate the phone.

4. Kritter888

Kritter888 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 9, 2012
    Male
    Just a Small Pea
    Florida
    they h
    ad me on my old rise use some dialer codes in the phone to get into there system where u can program the phone and change the numbers that was orginally in it to all ones whoich reset the phone, and it was inactive theyll probably do the same for u cause my inactive rise still had a data connections and they where confused so they had me do that i was confused also, cause i had no ideal what i had done to keep data on with no voice infact if u dialed a number it would say reliable services, was never flashed , i was just concerned about selling the phone or giving it aeay with a active data connections that it would count against my 2.5 gigs of data per month that i can easily kill just myself
    At this point I had my new htc evo v 4g activated and my old rise with still a active data connection

Tags: