1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Apps not automatically syncing to new S3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gdavids, Dec 18, 2012.

1. gdavids

gdavids Lurker

I just received my new GS3 from Verizon. After logging onto my Google account everything has synced except for my apps. I would have thought they should all automatically download. Any thoughts? It would be a pain to have to do them all manually one by one.

Greg

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tensazan

tensazan Android Enthusiast

As far as I know you have to manually download the apps you want

3. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert

You may have to log into Google Play first. If that does not work while in Play hit the menu and choose My Apps and it will show all your apps for re-download.

4. MicroNix

MicroNix Android Enthusiast

I did notice that in the last leaked versions of JB for the S3. After flashing, there was a sort of odd sign on process that had me sign into my Google account, said it may be a wait for apps to download but then took me almost immediately to another sign on screen and the apps never did come back down. I didn't know if it was a flaw in the rom or a problem with the VZW implementation of JB. Anyone else seeing that?

5. gdavids

gdavids Lurker

Even with being logged into the Play Store, my apps never did show up. I finally spent last night manually uploading all of them. Interestingly enough, my wife had a few of her apps automatically upload - but just a few.

6. Ron H

Ron H Well-Known Member

When I upgraded from the Dx to the S3, a few of my apps automatically downloaded but most did not. I actually preferred that because there were many apps I didn't want/need on the new phone.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews