• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Apps not installing---please help

coled91

May 25, 2010
I just recently rooted my droid and I am running smoked glass 6.0. I keep trying to download google maps 4.2, root explorer, google goggles 1.1, and facebook 1.2. But everytime I download them it says "package file not signed correctly" and they wont install. I read and saw that if you delete the original version and install the update it would work. I was getting root explorer to do that but it wont even install! I downloaded File Manager but everytime i try to delete the above apps it says "insufficient permission." So then i download ASTRO File Manager. Everytime i try to delete the above apps with that it says "uninstall unsuccessful." So I need some help please. I like to use these apps and I just want a way for them to work and be able to update. All 20+ other apps i have work and installed fine by the way.

try bugless beast

Haha! I don't know that was the answer he was looking for but it would probably work. :D

The reason that it would work might be because your ROM has become unstable...possibly due to an app or other variable (ie...not the ROM's fault). There are lots of people on Smoked Glass and this is not a widespread problem...so I would try and re-flash the ROM.

If the problem is on the system partition, you could keep your data (at least temporarily). What I would recommend is to back up all of your apps/data (if you have the means with your current problems). If that is not an option (Titanium backup won't run for example), you could try to reflash the ROM and keep the data (don't overwrite it).

Once you have the system issues fixed, backup all Apps and Data and then do a full wipe and reinstall of your ROM of choice. I always recommend formatting the system, data, cache, and boot partitions before loading any ROM (even if just an update to the ROM I am using). doing so can keep these types of problems from happening.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones