1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Apps not launching

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Atlan, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Atlan

Atlan Lurker
    None

Nov 9, 2014
    Hi

I bought a Galaxy S-III a few months ago, and over the last month or so mine has developed a strange problem.

You see, the main thing I use my phone for is an ebook reader. I get .txt files of books (or various internet fiction) that I like, and read them off the phone. I also use it to watch videos I've previously downloaded off youtube, and the odd comic book. For the first few months, that worked great.

Then last month, my phone developed a problem.

I would go to open a file, and it wouldn't open. The screen would show the 'loading' circle, but nothing would happen. I'd exit and try again, but it wouldn't work. I kept on trying, and discovered a few odd things:

-Restarting my phone (even removing the battery) didn't change anything
    -Waiting a long time (hours) would make the problem go away, but after some time browsing/watching videos/images/books the problem would come back! And the longer the wait, the longer I could do stuff before the problem returned.
    -It affects some apps but not others- I can browse Dropbox (but not FX File Explorer or ES File Explorer), I can open txt files with DB txt editor (but not with any other program), I can still play games as usual.

I've got 9.7 gigs (out of 16) system memory free
    I've got 13 gigs (out of 30) SD card memory free
    I've got 300 megs (out of 800) ram free

One thing I've figured out is that the bigger the file I'm looking at, the faster the phone stops launching- A single movie can do it, or I can read for hours before it happens.

Does anyone know whats going wrong? Or how I can fix it?

Advertisement