1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Apps not recognized as installed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SBdrumz, Aug 19, 2010.

1. SBdrumz

SBdrumz Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Got several issues on my Dinc when I booted this morning. Here are all the symptoms I see:

1)None of my downloaded applications are recognized as installed-I only see the factory-installed apps in the app launcher
    2)Settings->Accounts&Sync gets FC (com.htc.settings.accountsync)
    3)Settings->Applications: While I do see all my downloaded apps in the list, the icons don't load for them, and when I click one, I get an FC on com.android.settings
    4)Phone storage/SD Storage numbers look good
    5)When I boot, the notification bar shows "Preparing phone storage", followed by "Preparing SD Storage" as it normally does, but the Sync icon only flashes for a second.

I'm running stock 2.1, no root...just a normal every day phone user. Was reading articles with the Time Magazine app prior to shutting down for the night. Had plenty of battery left, so I didn't even plug it in.

Any ideas?

-sb

Advertisement

2. SBdrumz

SBdrumz Member

Jul 15, 2010
    ugggh...meant to put this one in Troubleshooting....sorry bout that.

3. SBdrumz

SBdrumz Member

Jul 15, 2010
    It's almost like my phone isn't recognizing it's internal memory....

I don't have the Market App, either.

Wonder what happens if I do a Hard Reset?

4. Well market is part of the factory-installed apps, and you said you had those right?

Sounds like a file is corrupt, and you may need to do a factory reset, since it seems like you tried a normal soft reset and it didn't work.

5. SBdrumz

SBdrumz Member

Jul 15, 2010
    You're right....the market was factory installed. Not sure why I lost that one. Anyway, I did a factory reset, and all is seemingly good to go, with the exception of I don't have 3g. I think there's a thread about that here somewhere. Going to search for it.....

6. Nah, the whole "losing 3G" fiasco was just a mistake. You should have it.

7. SBdrumz

SBdrumz Member

Jul 15, 2010
    So.....I called VZW support, told the guy I didn't have 3g, got walked through the "remove the battery for a minute-reboot-still no 3g-try *228 option 1-still no soup-try *228 option 2-still no soup" trick, then he put in an order for a replacement.

I then picked up my phone to call my wife to tell her the news. I couldn't complete the call....the phone wasn't recognized. WTF?!?!

Called back in to tech support and went through the same process as before (which I did before the call) to no avail. This time, however, the csr got a tech on the line. This guy actually knew something.

He had me call ##778. This brings up the HTC application to get to the settings theoretically updated by *228. My NAN settings were wrong (the MSIDs I think); they didn't reflect my phone number....they were still showing a default (0000009619). I put my #s in, saved, rebooted, and $$$, was able to make a call.

I told the guy about my 3g issue, and that I wondered if there was another setting in that menu.

We went back in, went into (i think) Home SID/Home NID. The setting that registers your phone to the mobile network (can't recall the property) is something like xxxxxx@vzw3g.com, where xxxxxxx should be your number. Mine wasn't there, so we updated, rebooted, now I'm good as new.

Sorry my details are a little fuzzy....I'm replying via my phone. Moral of the story is: among other things, ##778 takes you into the some very important settings. I don't know why they initially jumped to such a quick conclusion that I had a hardware issue with my 3g radio.....

In a related note, I asked each of the csrs where our froyo was. The tech guy said that there was a small push a couple of days ago, and that there's an issue with flash.....he said it was an Adobe issue. Whatever..... LOL