• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps not showing up after install.

rmp5s

Apr 6, 2010
For some reason, about 75% of the time, after downloading and installing new apps from the market, they don't show up in the app listing thing. I can go to the market, hit menu>downloads and find/run them from there, and they're in the app manager thing, but they're nowhere else to be found otherwise.

Also...is it possible to change the 4 icons on the very bottom? I'd like to change the messaging one to HandScent since that'd what I use and the phone book one to Dolphin Browser since getting to the phone book is already really easy through the dialer.

Update: I found that the apps also show up if I try to make a shortcut to the app on the desktop. They are listed then.

Also, I rebooted my phone and they showed up...did that yesterday and it didn't matter...worked today. Still a pain to have to reboot my phone every time I download something...anyone else have this issue?

Upvote 0
For some reason, about 75% of the time, after downloading and installing new apps from the market, they don't show up in the app listing thing. I can go to the market, hit menu>downloads and find/run them from there, and they're in the app manager thing, but they're nowhere else to be found otherwise.

Also...is it possible to change the 4 icons on the very bottom? I'd like to change the messaging one to HandScent since that'd what I use and the phone book one to Dolphin Browser since getting to the phone book is already really easy through the dialer.

they/new apps always show up on the last page of the applications button [unless you deleted something on page 3] !

To put them in alphabetical order shut off the phone and power it back on, otherwise they stay where they land after install. Like I said tho they will land on a spot where u deleted something..and it could be on any page...my app pages are over 12 long so I tend to try to remember the icon during install so it can be found faster...

Enjoy :)

Upvote 0
I noticed how it plops apps wherever. Kinda weird. I also noticed how you can sort them and move icons and stuff...that's pretty cool. But the apps don't show up at ALL unless I reboot the phone...that's normal?

One persons "bug" is a feature they paid a programmer to do...I am convinced not everything new is better and not everything old is bad.

Seems to me android takes some getting used to and that some things that are intuitive are just bass backwards to where they should be.

If either android or Samsung has a site/forum that takes user comments and suggestions please someone post it! I'm sure all of the people here could give them a sore ear :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones