1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps not showing up in the Market

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by rsilves, Sep 24, 2011.

1. rsilves

rsilves Lurker
    None

Dec 16, 2009
    Hi. I am having a problem with my Milestone 2 (Droid 2) since the new Market version was updated (the "windows phone" design took some time to reach here).
    Some apps stopped updating (I could check that syncing with AppBrain) so I had to get the APKs manually.
    Then I realized that if I uninstalled the Market updates, I could update the apps with the older version of the Market.
    Unfortunately this is not working anymore since as soon as I uninstall the updates, they are immediatly reinstalled.
    Apps show up as "incompatible with this device", either in the phone's Market or in the Web Market.

I sent some emails to devs of those apps and somehow figured that this could be related to my device's screen density (I changed it from 240 to 220) but I am not sure about this.

Has anyone been experiencing this kind of problems?
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Rodrigo.

Advertisement

2. Szadzik

Szadzik Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    If apps show as incompatible, you either are in a country where those apps are not allowed or they are not compatible with your phone. Try stuff like Market Enabler or Eris Market Fix.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Apps installed via apk sometimes wont show up in My apps section of the market and thus cannot be updated.

4. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    Push your menu button. Then go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All. Then scroll to Market and clear data.

5. rsilves

rsilves Lurker
    None

Dec 16, 2009
    When an app is incompatible with my country it says so on the web market, so this is not the case.
    I have friends using the same phone with everything working right. The only difference is that they didn't root.

All these apps were installed from the Market initially. Some of them even bought.

I did this, nothing changed, do you think it could take a while for the Market to update the data??

After emailing devs about this problem, some of them mentioned that they heard of similar cases with users who had changed their screen density.
    Once I tried changing it back to 240 and restarting but the problem persisted. Then I contacted the Market and they told me tat my device always appeared as 220, not 240, so it seems that there might be some cache that needs to be cleared, either on my phone or on their servers (I guess the last one).

Does anyone know, if true, how much would it take for the Market to update that info? I don't want to change my screen density "just to see if after some weeks it works".

Thank you all,
    Rodrigo.