1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Apps not showing up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eversontx, Dec 29, 2011.

1. eversontx

eversontx Newbie

I just received a replacement S2 from Asurion because I cracked my last screen. I reinstalled all of my apps (on the phone not on the SD). Rebooted the phone, placed all apps on my home screens and then when I rebooted the phone again NONE of the apps are showing on the home screen.

What is even weirder is that when I click on Applications button on the bottom right side of the phone all that happens is a moving circle like it's trying to find the apps and then nothing shows up. I can't access anything.

I did a factory reset, did everything all over again and it's still doing the same thing! I'm guessing i'm going to have to send this phone back???

Does anybody have any remedies?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. solid_s_1117

solid_s_1117 Well-Known Member

Are you doing a fresh install of said apps or are you using Titanium Backup? Restoring old apps with their associated data has been known to cause problems. I would factory reset, set up your google account, install a few apps fresh from the market, then reboot and see if they're still there.

3. eversontx

eversontx Newbie

I actually found the culprit. When I took out my SD card and rebooted the phone all of the apps were there! So there was something wrong with the SD card. I reformatted it and then put my data back on there and it's worked ever since. Very strange

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews