• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps not starting on boot

kinboshi

Lurker
Dec 4, 2009
I have just upgraded from a G1 to the HTC Desire, and it's running Froyo courtesy of Cyanogen 6.0.1 - and the phone is excellent and running fast and all is very good, except for one thing.

When I reboot the phone, certain apps are failing to start and these are 'meant' to be running:

• Swype. It works perfectly, but when I reboot, I have to Settings > Language and keyboard to recheck the 'Swype' box. I obviously want this to stay checked so I can choose swype as the input method (or it keep swype as the input method as it is when I shut the phone down).
  • WeatherBug Elite - used to start on boot on my G1, I have to start it manually now...
  • Twidroyd - again, used to start on book with my G1, but now has to be started manually.
  • Bar Control - same as above.
Other apps, such as Locale, and the gapps all start as normal on boot.

Any ideas? I even installed 'LaunchAfterBoot' as the idea is you can add apps you want to run on boot - but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

Any suggestions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones