1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Apps not syncing to new GS3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AMTrombley0924, Oct 28, 2012.

1. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    Student, Air Force Cadet
    California
    I got my mom a new GS3 for her birthday, and tried to help her set it up today.

I activated the phone, but wasn't prompted to sign into a google account like when you normally set up a phone. So I went into accounts and sync settings and added her account. However, the play store didn't start downloading the apps she had downloaded to her old OG Droid. I then tried to go on my PC to the Play store and view her downloaded apps and remotely install them on her new phone, but when I click "Install" and am asked to choose a device, her new GS3 does not show up as a choice.

So how do I sync all of those apps from her OG Droid to her new GS3 short of installing on the phones play store one by one.

On a related note, I know that she has a number of her apps on the SD card. If I transfer the SD card to her new phone, is there a way to install those apps onto the phone from the SD card? Where do I find the apps to do this if so?

Thanks for the help, all!

Advertisement

2. kevindroid

kevindroid Android Expert
    None

Oct 7, 2010
    Male
    electrician
    baltimore
    are they stored as apk then assuming not rooted you can use an app called explorer. there is also apps2sd and links to sd method. also open settings apps and move that way. how they were moved determines how to move them. hope this helps you

3. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert
    None

Sep 9, 2012
    Alabama USA
    Have you tried going to Google Play using the phone instead of the PC?

4. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    Student, Air Force Cadet
    California
    Yeah I did. Reformatted the SD card, got all the apps manually from the on-phone Play store