• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help apps not transferring to SD

vorropohaiah

Jun 2, 2011
Hi,

i have a desire HD on 2.2.1 and have recently bought a 32gig SD card (brand kingston).

for the first few days using it i was ok, then after switching it on this morning i found all apps i had transfered to the sd card missing (media like music and video is ok). i tried downloading them again (things like dropbox, evernote etc) and they downloaded to the device fine, then, after using the remove app fucntion or an app like app2sd or sdmove to move them to the sd id either get an error saying the app cant be moved or a confirmation that it was moved to the sd card though in both cases when looking for it after it would be missing (even though market still shows it as installed). when trying to launch the apps i get an error saying the process stopped unexpetedley. i never had the same problem with the original 8 gig sd card that came with the mobile.

help!

thanks for the fast reply. i have a feeling it might be that, though the download of H2TestW is failing due to insufficient space on the phone. i have over 1gb free on the phone at the moment and am pretty sure the download is not that large. i think there may be a problem there too.

when seeing the second link, im looking for smdl2tmp1.asec on the SD though cannot find it.

Upvote 0
ok thanks.

this is the result. i think that's the problem. i think the seller will be getting an email from me soon :) thanks

Warning: Only 97 of 31988 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
17 MByte OK (34816 sectors)
80 MByte DATA LOST (163840 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
80 MByte corrupted (163840 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x0000000000000008
Expected: 0x0000000000000011
Found: 0x0000000000000000
H2testw version 1.3
Reading speed: 4.94 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones