• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps Not Working On Lollipop

baylakedrive

Jun 7, 2012
I had upgraded to lollipop 5.0 about two weeks ago on my LG G3 and ended up with all sorts of problems, but what I did notice was that some of my apps did not work, I don't know if it was the ART, lollipop 5.0 or anything else. So I have now rolled back to kitkat 4.4 and I will not be updating to lollipop anytime soon. But I would like know when the apps are working. Please feel free to add to the list and let us know when they work. I would like to keep this list JUST for the above, and if this in the wrong place sorry.

Apps not working

Sky Go,
Delayed Lock,
GPS Essentials,
Kaspersky,
Barclays Bank,
BBC Iplayer,

Please remember to let us know if you have them working

Hi yes asking the developers is a good thing but as I said from above it all to do with the lollipop update, for example "sky go" and yes I pay a lot of money for it but it just wont work yet, they just say it will work soon. as for "Delayed lock" not working its because android have removed the administration settings in lollipop, so that's not going to work at all. Also from reading different things a lot of developers have been caught out with the "ART" run time only in the lollipop update, if someone would like to get some idea of how many of there apps don't work on "ART" and you are still with kitkat go to "Developer Options" and change the run time from "DALVIK" to "ART" and see how many apps don't work yet, and yes you change back to "DALVIK" after.

What I was trying to do was get a list of app that are not working yet, and for people that have upgraded to 5.0 to let us still on kitkat know when they are working. The apps above are just the ones that I found don't work when I was setting up my lollipop but as I use those apps daily, it was better for me to go back to kitkat and have all my apps working than to have lollipop and have 15 or so apps not working also I can't send out 15 or so emails a day to developers to ask it there app is working yet . I will update to lollipop just not yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones