1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Apps not working with 3G Data connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shaz14, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Shaz14

Shaz14 Lurker

Hello All,

I'm from India and i have a Vodafone 3G connection for my S2. I can browse through Internet browser on my phone but strangely, none of the apps which require data connection are not opening such as Gmail app or FB app.

Is it a problem with my data connection or something to do with my phone settings? Please advise.

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

If you have data connection i.e. browsing works, then it is most likely something to do with settings. Have to check if background sync is enabled, if the settings for syncing in the apps is done right for example not set to manual, and to check if there are any apps that restricts data connection for apps.

Just my thoughts...

3. prototypedxs2

prototypedxs2 Lurker

hey shaz14, i have same issue...
    i can browse through the default browser of SII and from there i can also log in to my gmail and youtube account....But non of the apps works...Youtube error : "there was a problem starting up.Please check your network connection and system time"
    Gmail log in says "Can't establish a reliable data connection to server"
    phone i new and i have not rooted or done anything yet to it...but so frustrated that i might do something on it soon....
    So please if anyone had the same problem and were able to solve the issue, please suggest and help out...

4. Moraen

Moraen Lurker

Hey shaz since today I've also started facing this same issue. Did you get any resolution for this problem?

5. Does anybody got the solution for this problem....i am having d same prob as u guys...pls if anybody have the solution post it here

6. bonbets

bonbets Lurker

It need not be a phone specific issue. This could happen if your APN setting is missing the internet APN. You might be having the APN for gprs and mms, but there are chances that your provider missed to send you your APN for internet. Do a quick google for the internet APN settings of your provider and enter it in there.

A sample internet APN setting for !dea would look like the following.

name : idea_internet
    apn : internet
    apn type : internet

Please do try it out. This would solve the issue with all your communication apps. I had the same on my galaxy S3 and this fixed my issue.

Cheers!
    bonbets

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews