• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps on an Android 10 phone

I just downloaded from my pone (rooted, running Android 10) a list of all the apps installed (and their versions). When I went through this list, I found a number of things to discuss.

The vast majority of the apps are from com.android and com.google.android. I presume that these should simply be left alone and that those whose version is simply 10 are a part of the OS?

I was unable to figure out what the following six apps are:
  • com.breel.wallpapers18
  • com.qti.ltebc
  • com.qti.qualcomm.datastatusnotification
  • com.qti.xdivert
  • com.quicinc.cne.CNEService
  • com.tmobile.grsuapp
Should I be concerned about any of these? The ones from qualcomm and tmobile are moderately concerning since my phone is on Google Fi.

The following apps, to me, seem like they should be removed:
  • com.felicanetworks.*
  • com.customermobile.preload.vzw
  • com.qualcomm.*
  • com.verizon.*
  • com.vzw.apnlib
  • org.codeaurora.ims
Does my thought about removing them make sense? If it does, how can these apps be removed?

I was unable to figure out what the following six apps are:
  • com.breel.wallpapers18
  • com.qti.ltebc
  • com.qti.qualcomm.datastatusnotification
  • com.qti.xdivert
  • com.quicinc.cne.CNEService
  • com.tmobile.grsuapp

^You can google the package names to figure out what they are for most. The first on the list is the Pixel wallpapers and the second one is from Qualcomm and so on.

The following apps, to me, seem like they should be removed:
  • com.felicanetworks.*
  • com.customermobile.preload.vzw
  • com.qualcomm.*
  • com.verizon.*
  • com.vzw.apnlib
  • org.codeaurora.ims
Does my thought about removing them make sense? If it does, how can these apps be removed?

^First one on this list is a marketing network.

Now if you wish to remove any system apps you have 2 options:
1. Since you're rooted you can simply remove the app with a file explorer or 3rd party app that handles this.
2. You can remove them with ADB which is safer and I posted a tutorial in the following link.
https://androidforums.com/threads/backup-and-restore-app-for-android-v-6-0-1.1339912/#post-8060748

Reactions: Hadron and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
ocnbrse - Your suggestion makes sense and suspect that once upon a time, I did have TWRP installed on some phone. However, it is not installed on the 3XL and I fear what might happen, i.e., go wrong, should I try installing it now.. Installing it onto a new phone with no data is not an issue, but...
first off if you root a phone, your first thing should always install a custom recovery. second twrp will not delete data. and thirdly......yes you should install it as soon as you can.

Upvote 0
Qualcomm make the processors used in a large number of phones, so it's very likely that those apps are there for a reason.

com.qti is also qualcomm. Let's consider com.qti.ltebc: since "qti" is Qualcomm, and "lte" is "long-term evolution", i.e. the 4G network standard, I would strongly advise leaving things like that alone.

"tmobile" and "verizon"/"vzw" are US service providers - not sure why the phone would have apps from both.

I will give one bit of advice: don't remove any system apps unless you either have a nandroid backup (i.e. a backup made using a custom recovery) or know how to reflash to stock firmware (and know where to find a compatible firmware image). If you get this wrong the phone may not boot, so you need to have the means to recover it before you start fiddling. One of my top rules for root users is "take a nandroid before you change anything in the system, no matter how trivial).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones